Tuesday 7 November 2017

C-13 Character Development

Since my last design post I have been working on my main, and only character, C-13. Below is the first page of development.
Whist working on this page of designs I was trying to figure out the shape of my character. I like my characters to be bold shapes that are nice to look at and will be fun to animate in the future.
From the set of body designs my favourite was No.3 because I liked the torso being quite round like a ball, so when it comes to animating I like having the sense of his body being a bouncy ball.
I also played with the idea of C-13 having a mouth. I liked it, but I didn't feel that I needed or wanted the character to have one, my reason for this was I felt that with the animation being a silent film, driven by diegetic and non-diegetic sounds,  I wanted to get across the emotion of the character through his eyes and body language. So from this I developed it further into C-13's final concept.






No comments:

Post a Comment