Thursday 11 January 2018

Minor Project Reflective Statement

Since the first year, my plan for year three was always to make a short animation. Now that I am finally able to do that I feel I am enjoying the work/project that I am developing more than I have in previous projects. As a result of this I believe the work I have been creating is some of the best I've made on the course.
Year two project 'El Bandido Mutante' enabled me to better understand one of my weaknesses, which was Maya. The 3D work for 'Escape Zone 3000' has felt less challenging, in a sense that I haven't found myself worrying about how to do a particular thing as my knowledge of the software has grown and I am more confident to fix any problems I have.
However, as I know Maya is still a weakness for me I do believe that it has helped me develop my 'style'. I've always had a flat, sometimes disproportionate 2D style and have felt that such a way of working wouldn't be easily translated into 3D, but I've discovered that it can and this has boosted my confidence in the way I work.
My third year project has seen me recognise that I really enjoying directing and storyboarding shots ready for animation, this kind of role (director) is something I'd love to persue as I develop in my career.
Finally, with the submission of the minor project I can now focus my attention on animating and the final edit which I have been looking forward to. I've been in contact with a composer and I look forward to collaborating with them.
Overall this project is running smoothly, I've got a lot of work to do for the final submission, but I'm very excited to get started on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment